Looking for an easy grab and go breakfast to prep for the week? Try these tasty muffin-tin quiches with smoked cheddar and potato from EatingWell.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups finely diced red-skinned potatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in spinach and the potato mixture. Divide the quiche mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Step 4: Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
To make ahead: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.