Searching for a tasty grab-and-go breakfast or snack? Check out these whole-wheat strawberry muffins from EatingWell.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk applesauce, sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add flour, baking soda and salt; whisk until combined. Gently fold in strawberries. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the tops spring back when touched lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 28 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.