Looking for a comforting recipe as we transition to the fall season? Try this creamy chicken noodle soup recipe from EatingWell.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (from 1 large onion)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (from 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery (from 2 large stalks)
- 1 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk or 2% milk
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-wheat egg noodles
- 3 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken breast (from 2 rotisserie chickens)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and salt and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are slightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add flour and stir to coat. Stir in stock and milk and let the mixture come to a boil. Add uncooked noodles to the boiling mixture. Cover and cook until noodles are al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in chicken and peas and cook until pasta reaches desired doneness and chicken and peas are warmed through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Serve immediately.