Looking to add some spring flavors in your meal planning? Try out this strawberry chicken salad with mint and goat cheese from EatingWell.
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, divided, plus more for garnish
- 10 cups mixed salad greens (about 8 oz.)
- 2 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Step 1: Preheat grill to medium-high. (No grill? See Tip.) Brush chicken with 1 Tbsp. oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, slice the chicken.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, shallot, honey, and the remaining 5 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Finely chop 1/4 cup mint; add to the dressing in the bowl, whisking to combine. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the dressing.
- Step 3: Tear or coarsely chop the remaining 3/4 cup mint leaves; add to the bowl along with mixed greens. Toss gently to combine. Divide the salad among 4 dinner bowls. Combine the chicken and the reserved 2 Tbsp. dressing in the large bowl; stir to coat. Divide the chicken, strawberries, snap peas, goat cheese, and almonds among the 4 dinner bowls. Garnish with more mint, if desired.
No grill? Preheat broiler to high. Prepare chicken as directed in Step 1 and broil on a large baking sheet 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, flipping once, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 4 to 6 minutes per side.